Sunday, March 15, 2009

Its Madness


It's March Madness, the time where every sportsfan, including myself, put money into pools and never see that money again. It is also the time for ultimate surprise, enjoyment, fury, and astonishment. These next two weeks are a true testament of who has good luck in their blood. That is what wins the money, complete luck. I have thought myself to be a lucky guy, but not when it comes to March Madness pools. Last year i sadly finished 3rd to last out of 29 people. That is all going to change this year. Many of the experts keep saying this is the year where any team can win for a 1 seed to a 7 seed. I respectivly disagree, I think this is a year when the top seeds do shine. Just because the top seed can lose at anytime doesn't mean the lower seeds can lose as well. My final four is a compilation of 1 seeds with one 2 seed sneaking in. This is what is looks like:
Louisville (1) Pittsburgh (1)
vs. vs.
Memphis (2) North Carolina (1)
My championship consists of
Louisville (1) vs. North Carolina (1)
AND MY WINNER IS...
North Carolina.
Ty Lawson battled a toe injury during the ACC tournament which was a momumental reason why they didn't survive against Florida State. Dick Vital called a North Carolina minus Ty Lawson a Beautiful Rolls Royce without an engine. Lawson will be back for the tournament and i think he will be the player that holds their team together and leads them to their 5th NCAA Championship. I maybe alone on my choice of having three number 1 seeds in my final four but that is what opinions are all about. I will track my success as the tournament goes on. Hopefully win a few hundred dollars.

No comments: